Suppressing Closed Alerts in SCOM

So, over the summer I've been setting up and configuring SCOM in our environment.  I've gotten pretty decent with it if I do say so myself. I've written a few custom monitors, have a few management packs imported, you know, generally rocking out with SCOM.

My boss wanted me to figure out how to suppress closed alerts in SCOM and I could see why. It was getting a little chatty and most of the custom monitors I had going were set to auto resolve after a certain amount of time. We'd get an email for each resolution state of a critical alert.  

What I found on the web was a lot of SCOM admins digging into general developer wizardry but not actually suppressing the closed alerts. 

What I found was simple so I wanted to share it with the Internet and anyone banging their head against this issue. Each resolution state has a numerical value. The Closed resolution state, specifically has a numerical value of 255 and is the highest of the numerical values for resolution states. 

With that in mind, I edited our Subscription information in SCOM to look like

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing CentOS 7 on a Raspberry Pi 3

Modifying the Zebra F-701 & F-402 pens

How to fix DPM Auto-Protection failures of SQL servers