Finally, a Typing Game for Adults

A few years back, I had a medical event that lead to some loss of motor-skill on my left-side. My minor disability hasn't held me back professionally, though it did severely impact my typing. My average WPM went from ~90 to ~15. Through the last few years, I've gotten it back up to 25-30. I remember spending months looking for typing game that I could "play" to help practice my typing. Unsurprisingly, nearly all of the games I found were meant for small children who were learning to type.



Out of all of the games I'd found, the one that isn't completely kindergarten oriented is called Z-Type. It's a 2d space-shooter written in Angular.JS and HTML5. The URL is http://zty.pe/

I normally don't write a post about every cool website I find, but I figured I'd share this in the off-chance that someone else is looking for a fun way to practice their typing without typing to pop balloons or something else very small-child oriented. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing CentOS 7 on a Raspberry Pi 3

Modifying the Zebra F-701 & F-402 pens

How to fix DPM Auto-Protection failures of SQL servers