Thank you, Otterbox

I've had a cell phone for nearly 8 years and a smartphone 5 years now. For all this time, I've never had a case on any of my phones. After years of working in a grocery store (usually night-stock) and working with a lot of glass jars, I've developed quick reflexes to stop most of the fall before a dropped object hits the ground. In fact, I even do the same thing when I drop food (which is not recommended to stop with your foot, BTW).

Back to the point though, I decided to get a case for my iPhone 5 and I chose the Otterbox Commuter case. I've been living with the case for over a year now and it's seen it's fair share of drops. I've dropped it at least 4 times, once trying to catch it only to swat it down to the ground like a football player swatting down a pass. It hit the ground hard but the case took all of it, leaving my phone still looking brand new.


When small talk turns to phone cases (which actually happens sometimes), I always talk up the Otterbox. Everyone's heard of it but most people think of the heavier and bulkier Defender series so they're surprised at how I've got an Otterbox case without it being the giant block of plastic and rubber.

The Defender uses a 3 piece design and includes a screen protector while the Commuter is a simple 2-piece design (rubber case with a plastic outer shell). It does add *some* size but it also includes a considerable lip around the edge of the phone which was the whole reason I chose it over other cases like those form Speck, Belkin or Cygnett.

I paid $25 for the case and it's saved my phone from breaking numerous times. For that, I just have to say thank you, Otterbox.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing CentOS 7 on a Raspberry Pi 3

Modifying the Zebra F-701 & F-402 pens

How to fix DPM Auto-Protection failures of SQL servers